So, I was laying in bed last night, unable to sleep as I have been sick with a horrible cold for three weeks now.
I was counting the breaths my husband was taking (I can't count sheep, they just annoy me) and I began to think about how many breaths we take for granted, how many we get to experience of another person and it reminded me of that song from Rent "Seasons of Love."
I love this song, not just because Taye Digg's and Law and Order dude appear in the movie, but because it talks about the significance and how to measure life in love "In Cups of Coffee". I wanted this song in my wedding, but had to compromise with the husband due to the line about dieing.
Anyway, I began to think about how we measure our lives, and how we want others to view our measurement.
Is it in breathes taken, laughs laughed, friends had, money made, degrees earned, coffee's shared, hugs given, smiles smiled, children bore, gifts given?
What do I want my measurement to be? I dunno...let me get back to you on that.
PS, I don't think I ever really fell asleep. I'm going for the cough syrup with codeine tonight.
Oh great, now I have that song stuck in my head!
ReplyDeleteNights slept? :-D